Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mar. 16 (Day 75) - Your Car is on Fire!

It was a really nice day so Mark came home early and pulled out the new old car.  A little later he called from the gas station saying it wouldn't start and would I come give him a jump.  After 15 minutes of trying (and him saying I wasn't pressing the gas down long enough), he was just sitting in his car.  I looked over and the jumper cables were on fire attached to his battery.  It took me yelling "Your cars on Fire!!" many times and then honking repeatedly to get him out of the car.   Luckily it was a pretty small flame so he got it right out.  Then unhooked my car since it was smoking as well.

Our friend Gary came to help so I left to go get Alana from volleyball. I returned home to find another Mustang on the driveway and four of them all hovering around the car.  I guess there will be a lot of that now that Mark has this car.  Lots of talk of parts and fixing things.  For now, it's just a bad starter switch.  All we needed was a screwdriver touched to the solenoid and it started.  Ha, I almost even sound like I know what I'm saying, but it's all a big lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment